Dominant Innovation is a system and a set of tools designed to help create new products and services that can succeed in a changing competitive global market. It helps formulate gaps between a product and customer’s invisible needs, using an innovation matrix and application space mapping tools. The innovation matrix, combined with application space mapping, helps to systemically and efficiently generate and identify new ideas for business innovation. Ultimately, it assists both world-class companies and small- to mid-size enterprises in transforming themselves into innovative leaders.
This Short Course introduces the concept, strategies, and tools for product and business innovation design based on Dominant Design approach. Dominant Innovation Tools including Innovation Matrix, Application Space Mapping, and QFD for developing smart product service business will be introduced with case studies.
Why should attend:
- 1. To dominate the market with systematic methodologies.
- 2. To achieve customer-centric product and service innovation.
- 3. To bridge the gap between product and customer needs with innovation strategies and methodologies.
- 4. To achieve long-term competitive advantages instead of short-term profits.
- 5. To be a successful innovator instead of follower in the market.
- 6. To get dominant innovation solution for your company
- 1. To understand product and service systems
- 2. To learn how to develop strategies of service innovation
- 3. To formulate product and service Innovation from customer gaps (unmet needs)
- 4. To learn how to use the effective tools to identify innovative products/services opportunities
- 1. You will get back with your own dominant solutions.
- 2. You will learn how to dominate the market with product and service innovation.
- 3. You will be able to bridge the gap between product and customer needs with dominant innovation tools.
- 4. You will learn profound experiences from real case studies.
- 1. How to formulate “gaps” between product and customer “latent needs” using innovative tools (Innovation Matrix, Customer Application Space Mapping, etc.) and strategic thinking mechanisms for value-added service design.
- 2. How Apple, GE, John Deere, Nintendo Wii, etc become pioneers in dominant service business design.
- 3. How to generate cash flow from value-added product service throughout its life time.
- 4. How to translate customer unmet needs into winning product and service concepts.
- 5. How to map the product development process using the latest innovation matrix tools
Global Companies:On-Site Executive Short Course (both one and two days)
GE CTC China
ShaanGu, Xian, China
ShaanXi Automotive, Xian, China
LiXing Battery, Wuhan, China
Suntech Power (China)
Delta Electronics (Taiwan)
Delta Electronics (China)
Chunghwa Telecom (Taiwan)
Beijing Capital Airport Management Academy
China Nuclear Power Group
Public Course Offered in Shanghai and Partial List of Company Attendee (over 200 global companies)
Johnson & Johnson
Chr. Hansen (Tianjin) Food Ingredient Co.
Philips Neusoft (China)
HuiZhou Desay SV Automotive Co
Global Academic and Research Institutes:
Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.
Institute of Information Industry(III) Taiwan
Univ. of Manchester
Lulea Univ. of Technology, Sweden
Hong Kong Polytechnic Univ.
City Univ, of Hong Kong
GS1 Hong Kong
Advanced Science and Technology Research Institute (ASTRI) Hong Kong
China Productivity Center (CPC, Taiwan)
Metal Industry R&D Center (MIRDC Taiwan)
Technical Univ. of Berlin, Germany
IEL RS – FIERGS, Brazil
Tsinghua Univ. (China)
Chin Hua Univ. (Taiwan)
Harbin Univ. of Technology, China
South China Univ. of Technology
Xian Jiao Tong Univ.